March 13, 2012

My Home Office


If you've ever wondered where I am when I write my blog posts, this is it. It's been a little over two months since we moved, and my little work space is finally getting close to how I want it.



I use the term "home office" loosely, as you can see. My desk is very much out in the open! So, I've tried to make it look as nice as possible without spending a lot of money.



With two monitors, I don't have a lot of room for much else on my desk. The keyboard and mouse are wireless so they can be shoved in my desk drawer when I'm writing or clipping coupons. I keep all the papers that need to be addressed (bills, coupon inserts) in one pile that I try to go through once a week. Other than that, I only have a coaster and a magnetic sculpture on my desktop.



My brother-in-law put up this shelf for me (thanks, Tim!) that I can use for my office supplies, a few design books...and toys.



Hanging from the shelf brackets are my cork board and dry erase board. I wish I'd taken before photos of these! For the cork board, I spray painted the frame of an old bulletin board, cut fabric to size and adhered it to the cork with spray adhesive. The dry erase board was just a large picture frame that I also spray painted. It had a collage mat in it that I wrapped with matching fabric and put behind the glass.



It's may not be the fanciest home office, but it's a functional and happy office!



And unlike at my cubicle at work, I can actually see outside!


Shared at Take it on Tuesday at Romance on a Dime.

2 comments:

  1. Good job putting your home office together. I found you on Romance on a Dime blog hop and I'm now following you. I would appreciate it if you would follow me back. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very cute and functional!! It's much more organized than my desk. I love you your corkboard and white board match! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts on this. I love reading all my comments!