January 23, 2010

1 month down, 5 to go!

We've made quite a bit of progress in the wedding planning process during the first month of our engagement. According to TheKnot.com, I still have 79 overdue items, but I think parts of their timeline are a little riciculous. Do I really need to start addressing my invitations right now?

Here are some things we have done...



We have a venue! This picture was taken today, and look how green it is! It should be really pretty in June. There are trees all the way around.



I'm sure a setting like this isn't for every bride, but it works for this one.



I tried on dresses, although I haven't bought one just yet. Look, my skin is darker than the dress!




I designed the wedding invitations, including this nifty little wedding monogram.


I think this whole 6-month engagement thing is going to work out all right. I'm more interested in creating a marriage than a wedding. Yes, I want our wedding day to be nice and go smoothly, but I don't want to spend so much time worrying about little details that I can't even enjoy being engaged.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm more interested in creating a marriage than a wedding."

    YES!!!! So important. I hate seeing couples put so much time and energy and money into the wedding day that they forget it's the least important part of it all. :)

    Anyway, very happy for both of you and looking forward to The Event!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts on this. I love reading all my comments!