February 23, 2011

Dreaming of Summer

 
I honestly enjoy all four seasons, but there comes a time each winter when I'm absolutely sick of it and ready for some warm weather!



And after my car freezing to the ground at the beginning this month and the teaser of nice weather we had a few days last week, that time has come a little earlier than normal. For a few days I refused to wear my winter coat, but I decided that was a little crazy when it's snowing.

So let's talk warm weather. Between the wedding planning and moving and getting settled last summer, I didn't have time to enjoy the weather as much as I would have liked. This year, Nathan is finishing his MBA in the middle of June and taking two months off from school before working on a couple graduate certificates. In other words, we'll actually have lots of free time!

Here are a few things I'm looking forward to doing...
...Eating on the balcony
...Walking outside without a coat
...Taking long walks with Nenya
...Going camping
...Not scraping frost off my windshield
...Wearing flip-flops
...Getting a bike and going on rides with Nathan
...Visiting some parks (We haven't even explored much of the park where we were married)
...Digging my pretty skirts out from the back of my closet
...Walking places - to the library, to an ice cream shop with Nathan, wherever
     And a few of Nathan's summer plans that don't directly involve me...
    ...Taking a swimming and/or first aid class
    ...Doing some training for local triathalons
    ...Finding an agility course for Nenya

      How about you? What are you looking forward to doing when weather is warmer?

      1 comment:

      1. Not having to wear a coat -- or even shoes outside!

        Color--green grass and trees, blue sky, colorful flowers

        Warmth

        More light

        ReplyDelete

      Let me know your thoughts on this. I love reading all my comments!