December 31, 2011

Our 2011


It's been a good year. We haven't really had any major events in our lives, but we've gone on several trips and had a lot of fun together.


January
Nathan gave me a special birthday.
We had our first fondue date night.
We decided to stay in our apartment for another year.


February
Nathan wrote a blog post.
We figured out our first joint tax return.

March
We saw Michael W. Smith (one of Nathan's favorite artists) and Amy Grant (one of my favorite artists) in concert. We teared up as soon as they walked on stage.
We went to the Cheesecake Factory for Nathan's birthday.
We paid off the last of our debt, except graduate school loans. 


    April

I bought a bike.

We went to Florida so I could see where Nathan went to college.


May
We went to the Indianapolis air show.
 
We went camping with my Uncle John and Aunt Kathy and our dogs.



 June
There was a huge flood in our apartment complex.
We celebrated one year of marriage.
On the same day, Nathan graduated with his MBA.



July
We went to Chicago for the July 4th weekend.
Nathan's car window got smashed.
We went to Arkansas for our friends Kayla and Austin's wedding.
Nathan lost his job.


August
We went to GenCon.
We started tackling reorganizing and decluttering.
I met Crystal from Money Saving Mom and experienced a huge spike in page views.


September
Our friend Eddy got married.
Nathan started working a second shift job.
We got our first smartphones.


October
Nathan switched jobs again, this time back to first shift.
I finally finished our wedding album.
We started Couch to 5K.

We visited two pumpkin patches.


November
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family, and Nathan's family the day after.
My car window got smashed.


December
We signed the lease on a rental house and started packing for our move.


We visited Nathan's brother and his family in California.
We celebrated Christmas with my family, and Nathan's the day after.

The theme for the first part of 2012 will be boxes, boxes, and more boxes since we're spending our New Year's weekend moving everything (hopefully) into our new rental house. After that? Who knows.

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. Exciting that you are moving into your new place! I liked seeing all your pictures and reading about your year! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts on this. I love reading all my comments!